Steve Jobs gave a well-thought-provoking speech at Stanford University's commencement ceremony in 2005. If you are interested, you can search for it on the Internet and read it. The following passage was mentioned in the speech:
I'm convinced that theonly thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to findwhat you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Yourwork is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be trulysatisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do greatwork is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don'tsettle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And,like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years rollon. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.
- The language of the world: Most of the content written on traditional and new media, including the internet, social media, virtual media, magazines, tabloids, blogs, websites, daily newspapers, news media, television, newspapers, radio, etc., is written in English
- English is spoken by 20% of the world's population: There are approximately 150 million English speakers in the world. This figure represents 20% of the world's estimated population, and about 40 billion people speak
- Academic Achievement: 96.17% of the world's leading universities and research institutes use English as the main language of instruction. Being proficient in English can help you gain access to more academic opportunities and resources.
- Career opportunities: English is an essential skill in many industries. Being proficient in English can increase your competitiveness in the workplace and provide you with more job opportunities.
- Cultural understanding: English is the language of many cultural expressions such as literature, film, music, etc. Learning English can give you a deeper understanding of the culture of an English-speaking country
The higher a person's cognitive ability, the stronger his ability to learn, logical, and analyze problems, and correspondingly, the more likely he is to solve such a problem: findwhat you love and love what you do.
To sum it up: learning English brings you closer to the vast amount of high-quality knowledge in the world, which can improve your cognitive skills, which in turn allows you to find what you are passionate about and get real joy from it. In this way, we can even say that English is a matter of your whole life. I think that's enough to explain the significance of learning English well.